TeknoGods modding competition, win money, get famous and be the king of the internet modding community!
The rules are:
- No copyrighted content.
* In case of game-content mods, it’s forbidden to include the original game files with the mod. A proper tool should be developed that would do the modding on pre-installed game. (For example, in our Red Alert 3 Co-op mod, we did not release modded maps, instead, a we’ve made a tool that recompiled the maps on end-users PC).
* In case of modded executable, it’s preferred if you coded a generic loader that does the necessary patches in memory – we cannot release patched executables.
- Must be 100% of your own code. You can use free open-source libraries, etc., of course.
- Must be previously unreleased.
- Should be something ground-breaking like our mods.
- By submitting, you license TeknoGods to release your mod on their website (for free) and give you credit for it, whether or not you win a prize.
- Must not do anything illegal or have any malware code in it (doh).
- Must supply full source code (This will not be released if author requests it)
- Preferred languages: C/C++, C# or Python.
Judging criteria (1-10 scale):
- Utility – How useful is it to the target audience?
- Usability – How easy is it to use?
- Originality, Technical Achievement – How disruptive, novel, or talented is your submission?
- Code quality – How maintainable and reusable is your source code?
Judges: Reaver, Smurfette and Keb.
Each submission will get feedback in special forum section. Your scores will be posted there, unless you request otherwise.
Prizes (By position in competition, transferred only via paypal):
- 200$ + extra!*
- 50$ + extra!*
- 25$ + extra!*
- Runner-ups: surprise us! and there can be more prizes
*-Judge scale (1-10) multiplied by 5 = extra $ (max 50$)
Selected candidates will get an interview to join TeknoGods (as a forum admin or even a team member!).
Competition ends 30th of September, email your submissions ->>Here<<-
Results will be posted ->>Here<<-