Sorry for the missing screens, it’s a rather difficult time for me, I only have 1-2 hours per day to work on MW2. I’ve decided to give a more frequent updates to cool down the hype (our server died on Monday)
First, some good news!
- Getting more than 18 players might be possible.
- We have a new interesting input from our forum member: Shozokui. Good job!
- Stats/Exp might be saved.
- Screen… it shows a custom console, it’s missing some features but it’s not my priority at the moment. Behind you can get a glimpse of the settings available in the loader. Part that needs some work the most is the MultiPlayer Client mode.
And the bad news:
- Due to my limited time I cannot guarantee any ETA. Like Reaver said in the interview, we’re also reverse-engineering/programming at work, and we cannot just sit in front of the computer 24/7 doing the same thing.
- Most likely joining already running game might be impossible (map rotation thread will bring all the players back to lobby before next map). But never say never!
Things to do:
- High priority: Make very stable steam handling code (our team member Keb might help on getting this one done).
- High priority: Make 100% correct connect functionality for the client. Less hardcore hacking = the better.
- High priority: Finish Dedicated server feature.
- Medium priority: Disable Direct3d rendering while in dedicated server mode.
- Medium priority: Dedicated server admin commands
- Low priority: Removal of the max clients limit.
- Low priority: Custom console command suggestion box and text colors.
- Low priority: Server browser.
PS. Thanks Skullshot !